Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

TufFlex Biothane Collar

I love these.  I love these so much, there aren't words to describe how much I love these.  They are bright, colorful, easy to keep looking nice, sturdy.  Basically, I think Biothane is God's gift to mankind.  This stuff is awesome.  Ok, I'll stop gushing now.  Just kidding, this review is basically all gushing.

If you have never experienced biothane, it is a synthetic leather.  They are advertised as being mildew resistant, doesn't hold smells, easy to clean, and virtually indestructible.  This is another product I own multiples of. Hudson has a 1 inch neon green collar and a less obnoxious 3/4 inch black one.  I ordered mine from Gun Dog Supply Company and it comes with a name plate.  Hudson's has just his name and my cell number.  I use them a lot when we are traveling so I don't have to worry if I have his tags on him or not.  When (not if, when) I order another one for him, I'll also add to the plate that he is micro-chipped.  I used these two collars exclusively when we went to NC for vacation this year and after a week of fun in the sun, sand, and waves, they are not any worse for the wear.  I don't have anything bad to say about these collars and I think everyone should have one of these collars in their collection.

I personally like the 3/4 inch width on my dog.  Hudson is about 35 lbs and wears a 16 inch collar.  I just think the 1 inch width is a tiny bit too wide on him.  He doesn't seem to mind it.  I also have a 1 inch wide Lupine collar that I also think is a little too wide, so I don't think it is a biothane phenomenon, I'm just not a quick learner.

When my MIL suggested we get my husband's great aunt something dog related for her birthday, I automatically thought of this and sent her one.



8/2016 Update
It's been a few years and I still LOVE these collars.  I have been using the 3/4" collar almost exclusively for Hudson.  He has a few fancy collars for special occasions, but his normal collar is this biothane.  After 3 years, the name and phone # on the collar are still crisp and clear, which is one of the reasons I really like it.  I never have to worry about moving tags from one collar to another, or the tag falling off.  Some people do worry about the collars breaking the coat on the longer haired dogs.  Personally, I haven't noticed much of it.  Sure, I do find some fur wrapped in the rivets, but not enough to think it is doing any real damage.  My only real complaint, after all of these years, is that I got the 3/4 in black and not a brighter color!.




TufFlex Collar

No comments:

Post a Comment