Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chuckit Kick Fetch

Hudson got a Chuckit Kick Fetch for his birthday in late August.  His sister's owner suggested it and I am glad I got it for him!  Unlike most balls, this two identical indentations for easy grabbing, both for the dog and the human.  The indentations also vary in size, so it is easy for a medium sized dog, like Hudson, or a larger dog to grab onto it.  My neighbor's pit-type dog has also come visiting a few times and tries to steal it!

It has a few puncture holes in it from teeth, but since it is solid all the way through, it doesn't deflate like a soccer ball would.  I do not think it would hold up to a large dog with powerful jaws.  After a few months of moderate use, one of the seams is starting to come apart.

All in all, Hudson really likes it. It's easy to play with, with a lot of different options. I can kick it, throw it, bounce it (it bounces really well).  If it were to come apart, I would probably replace it.  For a medium sized dog, like Hudson, I would recommend it.  I would be hesitant to recommend it for a larger, more powerful dog.


8/5/2016 Update
After a few years of fun, the ball is still going.  It isn't going strong, but it is still holding it's own and is still a favorite around here.  I did breakdown and buy a replacement ball for Hudson since he enjoys it so much, but this darn ball has stood up to almost 3 years of abuse.  It has a lot of holes, and Hudson has torn some of the outer cover off (which becomes a new toy in Hudson World).



Kick fetch

No comments:

Post a Comment