Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

All K-9 Biothane Leash and Tracking Line

If you have read my Biothane collar thread, you know how much I love biothane.  The All K-9 Leash & Tracking Line were my first experience with Biothane.  I pulled them out of the box and said, "Yep, I'm ordering the biothane collars."  What you have to know about me is that growing up, we had horses.  I like good leather.  Nice, soft, supple leather and had been toying with getting a leather leash to go with my nylon one.  An internet friend made a most about All K-9 having  a sale, so I jumped on it and now have no desire to buy a leather leash.  Of course, if I found a good sale on a leather leash, I'd probably be all over that since you can't beat the smell of leather.  The one thing Biothane is missing :(



I ordered a 5/8" wide, 6 ft leash and a 1/2" wide, 10 ft tracking line.  It took a little while to arrive, but I think my view on that is kind of skewed by being an Amazon Prime member and getting 2 day shipping on everything.   The 10 ft line is my main leash.  I'm still trying to decide if I like it because of the extra 4 ft, or if I like it because it is narrower.  I have freakishly small hands and hate wide, flat leashes. Hate them, will not use them. But anyway, the 10 ft leash is small enough and flexible enough that I can easily fit it in a jacket pocket, but it is also strong enough that I don't worry about it breaking when Hudson pulls against it.  I'm also a terrible dog owner and let Hudson grab the leash and tug on it.  He loves playing tug and if he knows it's OK to tug on the leash, I always have a toy with me.  So this poor leash has taken quite a bit of abuse and still looks really nice.  I think there are a few small areas where you can tell it has been in a dogs mouth, but it is still holding up great.

When we were in NC, I had a long rope to use on the beach, but had a biothane for walking too the beach and any other walks.  When the leash got sandy, I just dunked it in the ocean and it came out as clean as could be.  My rope is still covered in sand.

I love my Biothane leashes, they are awesome and I want to own all of them.  I have heard that not all biothane is not created equal and have heard some people complain about biothane leashes that they got from companies other than All K-9, so I wanted to issue that word of warning.




No comments:

Post a Comment