Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Ruffwear Front Range Harness

Some people are Ruffwear addicts.  Luckily for me and my wallet, I haven't dove that far down the Ruffwear rabbit hole, but I do think that they make quality products.  After hearing some great things about Ruffwear's Front Range Harness from friends and knowing that we would soon be moving into town and be required to do multiple walks a day, I decided to bite the bullet and get one.  

Features
- Leash attachment at the back, and an additional attachment on the front
- Bright colors!
- Padded chest area

Hudson isn't much of a puller, probably because he is small and can only pull so hard, so I haven't used the front loop with him yet.  The rest of the harness is sturdy and well stitched, so I imagine that this one will be as well.  For a front clip harness, I do like how this one fits more than my Freedom Front Clip Harness.  Maybe Hudson never grew enough for the Front Clip to fit, but I always felt that the clip on that harness was too low and the strap hindered front leg movement.   Like the Freedom Front Clip, the Ruffwear Front Range slips over the head and then is brought up behind the front legs, and then clips along the back. It is adjustable along the neck/shoulder and again behind the legs, which makes it very easy to fit.

I am not a nice owner, so I use the metal V-ring on the back to also help with poop bag holder.  Hey, he can help carry some stuff on our walk. It isn't designed to attach any packs to, but I wouldn't worry about adding something light to it.  Ruffwear has also added a velcro pouch on the back that can hold your tags, if you want, but I haven't tried it out.  

One word of warning to anyone who is familiar with Ruffwear, take a look at their harness sizing guide.  Hudson's harness is a small and it fits him great.  The harness ranges from XXS, which is a 13 - 17 inch chest, all the way up to the L/XL, which is 32 - 42 inches.



No matter how you look at it, the Ruffwear Front Range harness is well made, with lots of little extras.  We've been using it for the past month since we moved to town and it is great. I don't worry about him slipping out if we see a squirrel or that it will rub and cause hot spots or hair loss.


Ruffwear Front Range Harness

No comments:

Post a Comment