Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Metal Mementos

I come across the best things from suggestions from friends.  A few people I know have gotten custom dog tags from Metal Mementos and I just had to have one.  The price was right, and they did custom etching.  I did a lot of private messaging through FB on this design and the owner of the store was a total gem to work with.  I sent a few photos of what I was thinking, these were pictures from various websites. I didn't have to do any of my own drawing thank goodness!  Then I got a sketch of what it would look like and it was perfect.  



Hudson's registered name is Green Mountain Angels in Gotham, which is  play off of a Doctor Who episode Angels take Manhattan. I won't go into the details of the episode, but it has Weeping Angels. I have love/hate relationship with Weeping Angels. They are awesome and yet terrifying. Or maybe it's really his guardian angel hiding.....

Either way, the tag came quickly.  It's heavy and has a very well-made feel to it.  I do have a large clip on it, so it hangs lower than I would like, but I could fix that easy with a smaller clip.  Hudson has worn the tag a lot over the last few months and it has held up great. Another thing I really like is that the tag has the custom etching on one side, and Hudson's name with my phone number on the other.  I like to hope and pray that he'll never get lost, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  

When it's time to get another dog, another Metal Mementos tag will definitely be something I get. Or maybe I'll just come up with a reason that Hudson needs another.



No comments:

Post a Comment